The leaves are turning red and brown, it’s getting cold and windy and the Danish schools are getting close to the Potato Holiday - autumn is here.
Monday October 17th the municipality in Sonderborg is celebrating the end of a project called Naturnet Als and the inauguration of a new set of walking guides (pamphlets and info boards) on nature paths on the island of Als.
After a speech by the vice-mayor a number of activities are provided by local organisations:
- Crab catching from the bridge
- Know your Danish trees
- Bird spotting with the help of a guide at the bird tower
- Plant spotting
- Learn about fish and animals from the lake from biologist and fishermen.
- Presentation of the new folders.
- Pancake making over fire
- There is pumpkin soup and bread + a beer/soft drink for each visitor
- A character called Chapper from a kids TV show will sing nature-rap-songs(?!)
UPDATE 12/10/2011: You are encouraged to take bike or bus to the event as parking will be an issue on the small roads. For parking opportunities (and a one way street introduced for this day to help traffic flow) see the map here.